- @clairesandberg (hint: Bernie's not a Democrat) 28 minutes ago
- @Crumps2 you average 150 views a stream. my farts are more popular than you are. 37 minutes ago
- Very rare positive live tweet: Korea is awesome and I love living here. 9 hours ago
- @akammusic9995 @eclecticbrotha Liar. He did what Trump did. 17 hours ago
- @kasia81 YOUR NAME IS BUFECIE??? 17 hours ago
- Important Life Advice: You gotta wash yr butthole, dog 1 day ago
- RT @ambertamblyn: I will say this for the last time. Do not hold women accountable for the actions, decisions or words of their partners. D… 1 day ago
Category Archives: Art
Andrew Hill, Compulsion!!!!! Via wiki: “Hill created a unique idiom that utilized chromatic, modal, and occasionally ‘free’ improvisation. Although usually categorized as ‘avant-garde’, Hill’s music bears little resemblance to the free atonality and extended improvisations of Cecil Taylor and others. Like … Continue reading
This Vice piece on New York Hardcore, narrated by Tim Armstrong, is cool enough by itself, but forward to 11:45 for a section on the hardcore scene in South Korea.
Sonny Sharrock, Black Woman Sonny Sharrock was an interesting guy. He’s best known for writing and performing the theme music for Space Ghost Coast To Coast. But he came out of free jazz and is responsible for some deeply weird, deeply amazing … Continue reading
Daegu, South Korea.
Sonic Highways, interviews with Ian MacKaye and Bad Brains I haven’t liked anything involving Dave Grohl since about 1993 or so. I can’t just passively let the Foo Fighters go — their over-polished riffage makes my skin crawl. The fact … Continue reading
The “Palin Brawl” tapes are genuinely a thing of beauty and a joy forever. And Track Palin is apparently 25 years old. For a decorated veteran, it’s strange that he sounds like a twelve year old who just pooped his pants. … Continue reading
Velvet Underground, “Rock And Roll” Without V.U. I’m not sure I would have made it past high school. Them and The Replacements. R.I.P. Lou.
No Brain, “Necktie” Veteran Korean punks No Brain just got signed to a major US label by none other than Seymour Stein. The JoongAng Daily promptly buries the lede: “Although most Koreans think that producers and talent agencies control their … Continue reading
Man or Astro-Man?, “Defcon 5” live From the MoA-M? wiki: “Alpha Clones: In 1998 Man or Astro-man? sent a group of ‘clones’ out on the road to tour. The clones had names similar to their original counterparts: Birdstuff became Dorkstuff, Coco became … Continue reading
Shabazz Palaces live. Seeing these guys tonight in lurvely Daegu. Very stoked, even if it’s a Wednesday night and I am old and creaky and no longer get my freak on that much on school-nights.