- RT @Calvinn_Hobbes: https://t.co/gCjIPJt1qR 5 hours ago
- RT @nomoremister: What a relief we elected isolationist Trump instead of that neoliberal warmonger Hillary Clinton.... https://t.co/VKFFYxv… 10 hours ago
- A Guide to Fried Chicken of the World luckypeach.com/guides/guide-f… 11 hours ago
- RT @Calvinn_Hobbes: One can dream. https://t.co/nl60jpEC5x 13 hours ago
- RT @sarahkendzior: Trump GOP acolytes: stop calling yourselves the "Party of Lincoln" https://t.co/kO4k8E4hTO 13 hours ago
- RT @ijbrads66: #happymothersday https://t.co/AUVwqP0Yfz 1 day ago
- RT @fmanjoo: Omg this headline mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/24/us/… https://t.co/L0T2sePNlx 1 day ago
Category Archives: Sports
So there’s a bit of a kerfuffle in baseball. At the young age of 42 Marlin’s outfielder Ichiro Suzuki recorded his 4,257th career hit and moved ahead of Pete Rose on the all-time list. Problem is, 1,278 of those came … Continue reading
“They never called me nigger. They never lynched me. They didn’t put no dogs on me.” RIP, The Greatest.
Kim Hyun-soo hit his first major league homer for the Orioles and got the “silent treatment” from his teammates. A pretty cool moment. Dude is hitting .383.
Wire, “Nocturnal Koreans” I’ve got no idea what this song is supposed to be about, but I like it. Meanwhile, the semester is hurtling towards its conclusion yet again. It’s early May, so the weather is still nice and spring-y, … Continue reading
Without a doubt, baseball in South Korea is a glorious, noisy, fried-chicken fueled thing. And this year Daegu’s club, the Samsung Lions, have moved into a shiny new mega-stadium on the outskirts of town (as opposed to their older, charming, … Continue reading
The Orioles are 6-0. I can’t even. And Kim Hyun-soo got his first major league hit(s).
Jay Kang on baseball’s whiteness problem: “The Griffey showdown was one in a long line of coded racial arguments, minor battles between two types: the ‘standard’ white player and his nonwhite foil. The archetype of the white baseball player has … Continue reading
Trying to figure out if the Orioles will wait until before of after the All Star Game to break my wittle heart. — Peep Slayer James (@wetcasements) March 31, 2016 Spring comes to Daegu, South Korea. Meanwhile, my local Korean … Continue reading
I’ve defended Klinsmann a lot but now, with the prospect of not making the World Cup looming for the US men, maybe I was totes wrong: “Grouped with Guatemala, Trinidad and Tobago, and St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Jurgen Klinsmann’s band is … Continue reading