- RT @ezlusztig: 3. White "progressive" twitter trolls shaming black Americans for making money is never going to be a good look. Quit while… 10 hours ago
- RT @NeilHamburger: 30 years on and I still haven't found what I am looking for--earplugs that will ensure I never hear your monotonous, whi… 12 hours ago
- @CillizzaCNN if this was Chelsea in a Clinton White House you'd have shat your Pampers repeatedly by now 13 hours ago
- as a life-long Democrat I'm allowed to say this: Jesus Fuck Democrats are stupid 14 hours ago
- RT @OddZombie: Obama’s Barrage of Complete Sentences Seen as Brutal Attack on Trump newyorker.com/humor/borowitz… via @BorowitzReport 14 hours ago
- @CoreyStewartVA your name is "Corey" for fuck's sake 14 hours ago
- @Nigel_Farage go to bed, racist grandpa 14 hours ago
Category Archives: Film
Lindy West on Batman vs. Superman (I refuse to call it “v.” because I have a modicum of respect for English and Latin): “What actually happens is that Ben Affleck wakes up, panting, and the bat-nado was all a dream! – a … Continue reading
The Lobster is by turns hilarious, weird, sad, and heart-breaking. I’d say more, but it’s the perfect example of a film where you really can’t even begin to relay the plot without ruining the surprise(s). Then again, two of my … Continue reading
I wouldn’t go as far as to say Leo winning Best Actor for The Revenant was an act of mercy, but he sure did grunt a lot. And how’s this for cool — Black Flag bassist Kira Roessler won for working … Continue reading
Shockingly to me, The Hateful Eight has opened here in lurvely South Korea. And for the most part, I liked it. Yes, it’s incredibly problematic in ways that only Quentin Tarantino can be (especially with regards to the practically cartoon-ish violence … Continue reading
To be honest, I was as excited to see Star Wars as I was to see what Mike and Jay thought of it.
The film works because Daisy Ridley and John Boyega have great chemistry, and they happen to be very talented actors. Harrison Ford did just enough to make it work. And given his recent performances, this wasn’t guaranteed. Gwendoline Christie was … Continue reading
I’ll probably have a little more to say tomorrow but, for now, know that the new Star Wars is pretty darn good in no small part due to the excellent casting decisions.
The Very Best of Ennio Morricone I have very mixed feelings about Quentin Tarantino (loved Inglorious Basterds, hated Django). But it’s awesome that he managed to get Ennio Morricone, who hasn’t done a Western in forty years apparently, on board for The Hateful … Continue reading
Is it Star Wars yet?