- Oh Hey, Andrew Sullivan Exists and He’s Still Racist lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2017/12/oh-hey… 1 day ago
- Fela Kuti Box Set #4 pitchfork.com/reviews/albums… via @pitchfork 1 day ago
- RT @elisewho: Since 2004, the humble dessert has become a kind of black market currency in NK. "It’s not just two chocolate cakes hugging… 1 day ago
- RT @elisewho: A Choco Pie thread. After the North Korean defector who was shot 5X in the daring #DMZ defection came to, the 1st thing he as… 1 day ago
- KOREA STAR WARS MOTHERLOVERS!!! https://t.co/fp5tqYzzNd 1 day ago
- A little jarring to see so much Carrie Fisher, but not a bad thing at all either 1 day ago
- Last Jedi: not perfect, but very, very good 1 day ago
Category Archives: Photography
Daegu, South Korea. I met some friends downtown last Friday. Beer drinking weather. It was good. Advertisements
Without a doubt, baseball in South Korea is a glorious, noisy, fried-chicken fueled thing. And this year Daegu’s club, the Samsung Lions, have moved into a shiny new mega-stadium on the outskirts of town (as opposed to their older, charming, … Continue reading
Korean grilled pig intestines (막창) start like this and then they become this: So glorious.
Busan, South Korea.
Busan, South Korea
Daegu, South Korea.
And a happy Year of the Monkey to you. I’m spending Lunar New Year in Busan doing nothing in particular. My plan is to finally get around to book three of Jeff Vandermeer’s South Reach trilogy and to wake up at … Continue reading
Every once in a while my adult students decide to play hookie, so we cancel our class and go hiking or walking. This time we headed about 30 minutes outside of lurvely Daegu to visit Bongmu Reservoir, which has a … Continue reading
Andrew Hill, Compulsion!!!!! Via wiki: “Hill created a unique idiom that utilized chromatic, modal, and occasionally ‘free’ improvisation. Although usually categorized as ‘avant-garde’, Hill’s music bears little resemblance to the free atonality and extended improvisations of Cecil Taylor and others. Like … Continue reading